This summer Sharknado-ed me, you guys. But, in this instance, the sharks were neat people and the tornados were new opportunities… and I didn’t want to take a chainsaw to it. Instead, I let myself get pulled in.
Ok, that was ridiculous. But you know what I’m saying. It was just a pretty rad summer. I got to meet so many people, several from all over the country and some right here in Lake City, Fl. I felt like I accomplished more in these past couple of months than I did in entire years past. There were incredibly high moments, and some pretty rough days. But, I feel like all seasons are like that, right? Some having more than the other. But overall, it’s been a season of entertaining fresh dreams, rekindling old ones, and gettin’ sh*t done.
Here’s what happened in a nutshell:
1) Flew to Tulsa, Oklahoma where I was able to meet people I’ve been networking with online for a year, speak and sing one of my original songs, and ALMOST meet Hanson (P.S. That’s the furthest west I’ve been in the United States)
2) Experienced my first facial and cocktails by the pool (thanks to My Aunt Aileen and Uncle Tim)
3) Road Tripped with my best friend one last time before she moves to London in TWO DAYS (we played a game in the car that involved trying to top each other with the worst/best Christian pop songs of the 90’s-00’s)
4) Launched Broad Sauce (which you can now buy if you click on that nifty image to your right)
5) Started The Emerald Thread ( A gathering of stories through music, coffee and conversation)
6) Started writing sporadically for Bedlam Magazine
8) Spent an entire day in David and Nina’s minivan with Daniel, traveling 800 miles round trip to pick up an AWESOME Ikea couch for free (It was almost better and more relaxing than vacation)
9) Started transitioning into Paleo eating (NOT because I need to look a certain way, but because everything that’s processed gives me a migraine now)
10) And lastly, have had countless conversations with new and old friends, resorting in healing, better life-awareness and copious amounts of laughter
Oh my gosh, and I bought some new Moleskine notebooks. They were on sale at TJMAXX, and I got a two pack for $6.99. I was the winner of all winners that day.
How was your summer? What were the highlights?