There has been lots of talk around the Webb home lately about possibly purchasing and doing some massive renovating of the house. It’s all up in the air right now, but if it is meant to be, then I bring on the Ikea kitchen!
In thinking about all of the possibilities, I realized how much I like this house already. Sure it’s falling apart (literally at the seams sometimes), but we’ve made it our home. The reality is, we have a roof over our head with air conditioning and heat, clean running water, comfy furniture, a yard to play in and food in the fridge. We live in abundance and have beyond what we could ever need. I am incredibly grateful for that.
With that said, I wanted to share with you the top 10 things about my house that I like. There are plenty of things to complain about, but what’s the point in that? I want to stay positive and thankful.
10. Spare bedroom: the fact that we even have a spare bedroom is incredible. It’s a hot mess, but we are slowwwllly working on it. Thankfully it has come in handy for the times my family and friends have come up to stay. It wasn’t a visual delight, but it served it’s purpose.
9. Makeshift Music Studio/Den: The previous owners of the house closed in the garage and it kind of ended up as a junk room. Last year, Daniel turned it into a room where he could be an audio geek, and we even recorded a Christmas album in it. The egg crates are for sound.
8. The corner by the front door: This small part of our house is unassuming, but it makes me smile. I’m a purse junky (not to be confused to an expensive purse junky) and I enjoy looking at them everyday, along with these cute canvases I got on clearance at Urban Outfitters a long time ago.
7. The space above the coffee bar: it’s just sweet to look at. I found these old pancake flower bags at Webb’s Antique Mall and had to do something with them. They go well with our Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer. Also, the wall/brick is heavenly compared to what it used to be. Imagine mint green painted walls with red and black brick….
5. The rose bushes growing against the old fence in our front yard: I didn’t even know they were there until a few weeks ago when Daniel’s mom came over and revived them. Now they are growing so fast!
3. Our teal room (which I realize looks blue in this picture): I really enjoy the color of our room. The dark teal walls blend so well with our antique cream-colored furniture and our vintage ivory window curtains.